Friday, March 2, 2012

Clear your mind of CAN'T...

Clear your mind of can’t. -Samuel Johnson

On February 29th, I decided that I was done being lazy, done wearing a size 24 pants, DONE with I can't, too tired, too fat, toooooo lazy. I'm capable of so many things. I can control the food I put in my mouth. I CAN exercise and enjoy it. I WILL be healthy, motivated, and forget the word CAN'T. ( Unless of course I need to use it in a sentence having nothing to do with my state of mind.)

Here are the adjustments I've made to my lifestyle. 

1. Calorie control.
Yes... I can count. I need to count. What I don't need to do it feel like I'm depriving myself of the things I want. I have found incredibly delicious recipes that are low in fat and calories. They fill me up and make me feel better about what I've put in my mouth. (Insert dirty joke here.) I have decided from past diets and research that I'll eat between 1300-1400 calories a day. The Biggest Loser diet says I can have 2000. I think that is a big number considering I feel full on what I've been eating. I won't feel guilty if I consume more calories as long as I don't go over 2000 and what I've had is healthy. I'll just do BETTER the next day!

2. EXERCISE
This my friends, is what I NEED. I miss having 5 dance classes a week, walking everywhere, and being active. This is also the hardest to do with my 15 month old daughter. I WILL do something physically active every day. I have been alternating The Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Jillan Michaels Circuit workout for front and back. I know that cardio and weight training and resistance is the best way for me to drop pounds. I look forward to finding more fun DVD's I can do at home! I am focusing on the first 6- 8 weeks of Cardio Max to progress through to the highest level before I move on to something else! I'd also like to try yoga. I'd also like to make love to BOB from The Biggest Loser. ;0)


Will I be perfect everyday in my new life journey? You bet your sweet, sweet ass I won't. I won't beat myself up for it though. I want to be HEALTHY. I want to live a long, happy life with my husband and daughter. I know that this won't happen if I continue to stay in a sedentary state of mind. I have so much to see, love, and live for. I am blessed with so much in my life and I choose to never take it for granted again.


I will blog regularly and will always be honest with myself and you.

Thanks for the ears and support bitches!!!

Here's to tomorrow!

Today's workout: Jillian Michaels for beginners 6 circuit Backside.
Today' calories so far: Breakfast/320  
 Water: 5 Glasses 




 
  

2 comments:

  1. I love you Jacinda! You are just such a light in this world:) BTW -The low cal recipes you've posted look totally fab - please invite me over for dinner sometime! I promise I will be an awesome guest, and I won't even mention your incredible pizza dip. Aw shit! I just did! We must be strong! But not on our 30th...this August it's vegas, booze, and pizza dip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go and keep it up, it's always a challenge but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete